Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Bright beadwoven and wire wraped earrings

It's been a while that I wanted to try myself at wirework. This technique offers so many possibilities and I also like the antique look of patinated copper. It reminds me of archaeological discoveries. 
So, I bought wire in different gauges, tools, I've read and watched a lot of tutorials... and here I am with my new piece of jewelry made in a mixed technique: beadwork and wirework.
This is one of my first attempt at wire wrapping and this is how I incorporated this beautiful technique into my beadwork. The beaded beads are made by myself, I had some wood rondele beads and just wove around without any pattern. The patinated copper looks great with these bright blue and green and red beaded beads!
Now I wear these earrings practically every day!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment