Wednesday, October 21, 2015

"Precious Beads" in pastel colors

This is the first time I use soft pastel colors seed beads in my beadwork. I normally like strong, saturated colors and high contrasts like black and red or different combinations of complementary colors like blue and orange, yellow and purple or red and green. Even for my clothes I choose bright colors, something you would notice from distance.

So, there were no pastels in my life until this beading project. I had some soft colors in my bead stash which I never used before and didn't have any idea what to do with them, they didn't seem to fit in any beadwork of mine. But if there is one thing I learned from all these years of working with seed bead is that every color finally finds its perfect match. Just have to have a little patience (sometimes years of waiting! :)

These are the beads I made, different pastels (lavender, pink, yellow and mint green) combined with gold and bronze Superduo beads.


And here is the way I used these beads in jewelry projects. I think they look wonderful, soft, classy and rich.





The tutorial for this design of beaded beads can be found in my shop on      ETSY      or       CRAFTSY

Have a great day and enjoy beading! :)
Iulia



No comments:

Post a Comment